Becoming the Falls Flax Spinning Company in 1865 the mill was one of the longest working linen manufacturers in West Belfast before its closure in 1976.
Re-opened in 2010 as a community venue, ninety five percent of the mill is used for local community projects such as education programmes and craft makers. It also hosts the Irish Republican History Museum, including many items dating back to the Rebellions of 1798 and 1803.
The Mill also hosts a coffee shop with a large range of local arts and crafts for sale and a Saturday market.
Falls Flax Spinning Company (Conway Mill) was at the centre of a growing linen industry in Belfast at the time. By 1861 thirty-two additional linen mills were established in the same area, the majority of them running from the Falls to the Shankill Road.
Now run by not-for-profit organisation The Conway Mill Preservation Trust was awarded listed building status in 2000 and is one of the few remaining mill sites left in Belfast.